A Message from Mr Holden
Last week we had the pleasure of a visit from some Newington Senior School students to participate in National Simultaneous Storytime with students from Kindergarten to Year 2. National Simultaneous Storytime is an annual campaign that aims to encourage more young Australians to read and enjoy books. Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator, is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes and bookshops. This year the book was ‘Alpacas with Maracas’ written and illustrated by Matt Cosgrove. It was wonderful for our boys to see first-hand the pleasure our eldest Newington students still derive from reading and storytelling.
A respectful reminder for parents who use the Wyvern carpark drop off and pickup facility to observe the below safety rules:
1. To avoid lengthy queues forming in Harrow Road please do not arrive at the car park entrance before
the following times:
i. 3:05pm for Years K-2
ii. 3:20pm for Years 3-6
2. Do not get out of your car when dropping off or picking up your son.
3. Ensure your son’s surname is displayed clearly on sun visor.
4. Ensure your son can leave and access your car via the left curb-side doors.
5. No cars are allowed to wait in the car park. If for any reason your son is not in the car park at the end
of the day you must leave via Cambridge Street and re-enter from the Harrow Road entry.
6. Observe all safety regulations, including national child restraint laws when travelling with young
children in cars. Click here
7. Please treat all staff assisting in the carpark with respect.
Currently Newington’s Early Learning Centre is conducting 2020 enrolment interviews for the 3 Year old and 4 Year old programs. Should you or any of your friends or relatives be interested in securing a place, please contact our Director of Admissions Mrs Yvonne Kaloterakis on 9568 9337.
A reminder that Friday 7 June is a pupil free day followed by the public holiday on Monday 10 June. I do hope that you are able to catch your breath over this long weekend after what has been a very busy few weeks at Wyvern.
Head of Wyvern House