International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) 2020
Each year Educational Assessment Australia, a non-profit organisation operating out of the University of NSW, conducts a range of competitions in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Pacific in the areas of Digital Technologies, English, Mathematics and Science called the International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS). Competitions are open to students in Years 3 – 6.
Participation in these competitions is voluntary. ICAS provides an opportunity for students in Years 3 – 6 to gain a measure of their own achievement in an external testing situation. In deciding whether you wish your son to enter, you may like to consider the following:
- these are competitions (not tests) that are designed to highlight students with particular talents; ICAS is designed to target students’ higher-order thinking and problem-solving skills, and therefore are set at a high level, with certain questions being above the capacity of many students at a particular year level;
- the competitions are NOT normed to the Australian population;
In 2020 Wyvern students in Years 3 – 6 can participate in the following subjects:
- ICAS Science on Tuesday, 18 August
- ICAS English on Monday, 24 August
- ICAS Mathematics on Monday, 31 August
*ICAS Writing (all year levels) will not be offered in 2020
If you would like your son/s to participate in any of the subjects listed above, please visit the online parent payment System before Friday 7 August. The cost is $15.95 inc GST per test.
**Educational Assessment Australia recommend Google Chrome**
The web link is: https://shop.unswglobal.com.au/pages/pps
Our school’s unique access code is: HRF852
IMPORTANT: Please enter your child’s name accurately into the system as it will appear on their ICAS certificate.
Please do not hesitate to contact the front office on 9568 9444 if you have any questions.
Deputy Head Wyvern House 3-6