Athletics Results – NSW Junior State Championships
The Athletics NSW Junior State Championships were held from 22-24 February at Sydney Olympic Park. Newington had a strong representation with 11 boys competing in various events over the course of three days. Below are the results.
- Finn Dundon (8/MA) – 4:45.57 for the 1500m + 10:18.23 for the 3000m
- Lance Haffenden (8/KL) – 19.11 for the 100m Hurdles + 1.55m for High Jump
- Harry Dundon (8/MA) – Placed 1st with 15:05.73 for the 3000m walk
- Aiden Love (9/PR) – 60.18 for the 400m
- Renato Pane (10/JN) – Placed 1st with 6.5m for Long Jump + Placed 1st with 12.59m for Triple Jump + Placed 3rd with 54.79m for Discuss
- Riley Fitzroy (10/ME) – 11:73 for the 100m
- Nick Atkinson (11/KL) – Placed 3rd with 15.77 for the 110m Hurdles + 5.82m for the Long Jump
- Sam Murphy (10/PR) – 16.41 for the 110m Hurdles
- Josh Watson (10/PR) – 17.24 for the 110m Hurdles + Placed 1st with 2.8m in the Pole Vault
- John Ballard (12/PR) – Placed 2nd with 11:15 in the 100m (John recorded a time of 10.94 in the heat)
- Angus Beer (12/ME) – Placed 2nd with 1:55.55 in the 800m
Well done to all competitors, particularly the place winners. A number of these boys will go on to compete at Nationals, which will be held in early April.
Director of Athletics